Technologies Ready for Transfer and Commercialization - Low temperature dried onion slices
- Low temperature process for drying of onion slices
- This technology protects the thermally labile bioactive compounds present in the onion.
- Dehydrated products with better retained quality can be obtained by this technology
- The huge loss of onion during the growing season can be avoided by convert it into the dried form
- Cost-effective, energy-efficient, rapid drying, and ease of operation as well as maintenance.
- Improved retention of colour, flavour, vitamin and quercetin contents.
- Can be used in quick-fix recipes and as crunchy onion toppings.