Technologies Ready for Transfer and Commercialization - Microencapsulated fish oil (powder)
- Microencapsulated fish oil can be used as a source for omega-3 fatty acids with improved functional property, oxidative stability and shelf life
- Microencapsulation provides controlled and targeted delivery of omega-3 fatty acids
- It has improved biological activity and prevents various diseases
- It can be incorporated in food systems to enhance its nutritional value without affecting flavour and taste of the product.
- Delivery of omega-3 fatty acids for personal and body function and health-enhancing benefits through development of functional foods