Central Instrumentation Lab
State-of-art sophisticated instruments.
Central Instruments Laboratory (CIL) is a central facility with state-of-art sophisticated analytical instruments is established for the students and research scholars of the NIFTEM, Thanjavur to carry out R&D activities in the emerging areas of Science and Technology & Engineering. It has been vital role in providing quality analytical data for research outcome. The facilities are extensively used by PG and PhD research scholars.
- To strengthen hi-tech infrastructure facility in the field of science and technology & engineering to carry out excellence in research activities.
- To providing a good quality analytical data by using central facility of latest and advanced analytical instruments for promoting academic and R&D.
- To organize workshop/training etc. in the focused areas for students and research scholars for upgrading their knowledge and skills.
Currently the following facilities are available to the users:
- Gas Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry/with Flame Ionization Detector (GC-MS/FID)
- Ultra-High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC)
- UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Fourier Transform-Infra Red Spectroscopy (FT-IR) including Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR)
- IR Moisture Meter
- Automated Protein/Nitrogen Analyser
- Automated Fat Extractor
- Nitrogen Concentrator
Title of the Research Work: Study on characterization of Bio based packaging materials and its application in shelf life extension of fresh produce.